Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

What the HELL is WRONG with me???!

I'm not sleeping well. Usually, at 11:00 pm my body just shuts-down. I go upstairs, wash my face, brush my teeth & climb into bed. I usually fall asleep within minutes of getting into bed. For the past 3 weeks, I've been lying there, listening to Joes light snore, hearing Will breathe in his room (he doesn't like his door closed) I can hear Maggie talking in her sleep, I hear the neighbors running (don't they EVER WALK up & down a flight of stairs?) next door.


I look like shit. The circles under my eyes are so dark. I look like Uncle Fester.

Even my kids have noticed. "Mommy....why you haf all dat brown unner your eyes?"

I bought Loreal Eye treatment, Olay's lightener with concealer, Physician's formula yellow concealer & some regular concealer. I still look like death warmed over.

I've tried Tylenol PM, a glass of wine (or 2) and even going to bed a little bit earlier.

Why can't I sleeeeep????

4 comments:

Knot said...

The eye circles are related to hydration. Drink more water.

As far as sleep, lots of things effect sleep, diet, stress, exercise. Cut off the caffeine after 2 PM, and don't exercise after 6 PM.

Christy said...

I go through phases like this too. I usually just start staying up later, instead of making myself miserable laying awake half the night. For a long time, I didn't go to bed until after Midnight. Eventually things evened out again, and I am now going to bed at 10pm.

P.S. I also suffered from insomnia when I was pregnant.

Yo-yo Mama said...

Yes, hydrate. Are you exercising regularly?

If not, when I can't get to sleep I do this mini-workout while lying in bed: starting at your toes, tense just those toe muscles and hold for 10 and relax. Then move to the foot, then the shins, then the knee, etc., etc. Once done, tense your whole body and hold, release and then again. Make sure you work your face muscles, too.

sugaredharpy said...

Oh poor babe.

I'll also suggest exercise, even just a walk around the block (even though I ignore this advice half the time, too). It does do wonders.

Wine or any kind of liquor makes me sleepy, but actually seems to keep me awake.

I hope it goes away soon!