Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Icky

I'm so sick. I started feeling a little squinky yesterday afternoon. FREEZING cold, lightheaded, coughing, did I mention COLD? Seriously, I could NOT get warm. I spent most of yesterday afternoon, huddled in my "work-sweater" bitching about how cold I was.

So last night I ordered hot wings for Joe & chicken fingers for the kids. After I cut the kids meat, I took a shot of Nyquil and went to bed. I went upstairs at 8:00, put on a thermal t-shirt, sweatpants, fuzzy socks, 6 layers of blankets, turned on Survivor, watched the 1st 15 minutes of it, turned the t.v. off, and slept until 5:45 this morning. You know what? I don't feel better today. I keep getting this weird electric-crampy-shooting-stabby pain in my temples. Maybe it's a tumor. (It's NOT a tumor!!) my joints ache, even my skin hurts. Is this the flu? I've never had the flu. I'm not puking, no diarrhea, my glands don't feel swollen, but every time I eat something, the back of my jaws gets that strange, "I just bit something sour" feeling. I'm eating blueberry Jello right now, doesn't get much more "not-sour" than that.

We were supposed to go to the Scottish-Irish Music Festival and Fair tonight at Valley Forge Convention Center tonight (Fish & Chips!!!) but I don't think I'm going to make it. Joe may still take Maggie, but I think Will & I are going to be homebodies.

I feel so crappy that I just might bug out of work early today.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Oh no! Sorry friend. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Knot said...

Sorry you feel bad.

liz said...

I hope you're feeling better. If not please stay home (if that's financially feasible for your family). Bed rest and lotsa fluids.

kate w. said...

UGH!! So sorry- germs are the WORST! I hope you are feeling better already!