Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dear God, Not again....

Another Philadelphia Police Offer has been shot & killed.

What the hell is WRONG with people??

Call me old-fashioned but when a Police Officer stops your car, person, or catches you in the act of doing something you're not supposed to be doing, it is NOT ok to open fire on him.

Joe is a Police Officer. He joined to help people. To Protect and to Serve. He means that. He lives that. I hate seeing him in uniform with the mourning band over his shield. I've seen it 3 times already this year. It makes me worry more about his safety every single shift he works.
I would never ask him to stop being a cop. He's been on the force for 14 years now; it's in his blood. It's part of who is.

I don't usually ask this of you, internet, but could you please say a little prayer or think good thoughts for Officer Patrick McDonald and his family and friends?

5 comments:

Christy said...

I seen the story on the news tonight. So sad.

t_cole said...

sending up prayers and thoughts now.

Knot said...

I'm a believer in the death penalty for many reasons. Most of which is that when we hung people for stealing horses, they didn't go and procreate and teach their kids to do the same. It was over, done and the gene pool was thinned. People thought twice about crime ... really hard.

So ya, I feel bad for the Officer, but I think we should be hanging a whole lot more people.

Knot

Tink said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the people who serve (police officers, firemen/women, and military).

Kellan said...

We have had 3 police officers shot here in the past several weeks - one died. There is nothing more heart wrenching than driving along and seeing that procession of patrol cars headed towards the cemetary - it always makes me so sad. I will pray!

Take care and see you soon - Kellan