Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Monday, August 04, 2008

Church talk

Here's the scene:

Maggie, Will and myself are at 10:15 Mass. There is supposed to be Sunday School for Will, but the woman who usually handles the little ones is on vacation, so no Sunday School. SIGH. Will is NOT good at Mass. He lays on the pew, jumps on the kneeler, touches people in front/back of us, (sorry about that, ma'am) shouts at the statues, pulls Maggies hair, etc....

As we're getting ready to head up to the alter so I can receive communion, Maggie loudly complains, "Mommy, it's not fair! I never get one of those Church Mints!!" The woman in front of us BURST OUT LAUGHING! Father actually paused in giving out the host to see what was so funny. I almost expected Sister Kate to ask her to share with the rest of class what was so funny.

It was a nice way to start the week.

6 comments:

Knot said...

That's so funny!

Nice swimsuit BTW.

Knot

Kellan said...

That is a darling story!

Hope you had a good weekend - take care and I'll see you soon - Kellan

Shonda Little said...

There's no telling how many mortified moments my parents suffered through because my sister and I were laughing. Those church bulletins are perfect for two little girls sliding notes back and forth between each other.

OvaGirl said...

Church mints! Hmmm, imagine if they actually were....

Mayberry said...

Ha! He is going to be so disappointed when he finally does get to taste one.

Paula said...

That's pretty funny! My darling daughter has been know to swipe a whole handful of wafers out of the little tray....