Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Friday, April 11, 2008

I almost don't want to post this.....

Ever feel... invisible?

Maybe it's me, but I'm not feelin' the love from Joe lately.

He gets home from work at 2:30 - 3:00 in the afternoon. When I'm done work at 5:00, I go pick up the kids, drive home, lug them & all their stuff into the house, take off/hang up jackets, supply snacks, make dinner, clean up after dinner, give baths, then put aforementioned kids to bed.

For the past few days, when I come home, he heads downstairs to work on the car or putter around in the workshop, or download some music/play on the computer. He comes up for dinner, then usually heads back down for another half hour or so. He'll come back up to watch some tv, play with the kids, then head to bed around 10ish. Couldn't he do that crap before I get home?

Last night, He went up a little after 10, I headed up around 11. When I walked past our door heading to the bathroom for my nightly ritual of peeing, hand washing, contact removal, make-up removal, face washing, teeth brushing & hair brushing, the tv was on & he was sitting on the side of the bed.

In the 5 minutes it took me to complete my pre-bed maintenance, the lights were off, the tv was off & he was lightly snoring. I think he was faking.


I don't think that there's anything going, I believe that he's faithful. (I'd kill him if I found out otherwise) I just think that maybe he's been working too hard.
Just sometimes, I feel like an afterthought with him. Like I'm the absolute last person he thinks of. There are days where he enthusiastically greets the kids when we come home, "Hi Mags!! I missed you ALLLL day today!! How was school? Hey there Willz!! What's going on big guy? Gimme some knuckles!!" To me, "hi. what's for dinner?"

I'm not asking for a friggin' marching band, but damn! A little affection would be nice.

9 comments:

DD said...

Mr. DD has been the same for some time. I'm feeling fat and ugly and tired and I know he's just thinking he's giving me space, but I would love for him to come to bed early so we can just talk w/o XBoy hanging on our every word.

Instead I go to bed around 9 and then he's up until 11:30-12:00...

I'm not asking for a marching band, either, but just an acknowledgement that we need a little time together to just talk.

Lala said...

oh hon, it sounds like he's not doing his share.

Christy said...

Ugh. My husband is so distant and unfamiliar lately. We haven't had sex since Izzy was born, and it is taking its toll on our relationship.

Just know that you are not alone. Husbands are a pain in the ass.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know about that.

For me, our marriage has seemed to go in phases; sometimes he adores me, and sometimes... are exactly like what you're going through now.

I think men have "cycle" just like women. Only their "periods" last longer.

Stephanie said...

anonymous is me. I have slippery fingers today, I guess.

Kellan said...

Oh, I'm sorry you are feeling neglected - I know the feeling and I hope it got better for you over this past weekend. Maybe you need to talk to Joe about it - I'm sure some of it he doesn't realize he is doing - the are so clueless, sometimes.

Have a good afternoon, Cat - nice to see you today. Kellan

Chas said...

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Maybe you should mention it to him, though I know that might be easier said that done. God bless!

Em said...

I am last person to talk about this kinda stuff.....my advice is dont sit annoyed at him talk to him

Kellan said...

Hi Cat - hope you are doing well and having a good week. See you later - Kellan