Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Are you ready to RUMBLE?????

Maggie is despondent!

We let her watch "The Royal Rumble" last night. Yes, we shelled out $38.95 to let our little girl watch ::ahem:: pro wrestling.

She has "written" 3 letters to Rey Mysterio telling him how she likes the way that he "rassles" and that she hopes that he comes to our town so that she can meet him.

She has left these letters in the mailbox and thinks that the postman came & took them for her.
Is it me or she a bit too young for a Crush?

Well, her little heart was beaten to the mat with a steel chair last night when Rey lost his match to Edge. We were all lying in our bed watching the match & she was cheering and pumping her little fist when Rey would do his acrobatic moves. At the end, she was practically in tears yelling at the t.v. for Rey to "KICK OUT!! GET UP!!"

We simply held her & let her know that even though Rey Msterio may have lost that particular match, there's a Friday Night Smackdown in a mere 5 days and Rey should be back to his high-flyin' 619'ing self and hey, Mommy's favorite (Batista) got tossed out of the ring in the Rumble.

Oh, God. We're lame.

8 comments:

Edge said...

That is soooo cool. I was forced to watch LOCAL rasslin when I was a kid. My oldest sister was a HUGE fan. I have to admit I kind of liked it. Now I know it's fake, but it's still holds fond memories.

~Jef

Christy said...

That is too funny. It actually reminds me of my childhood. My grandpa watched wrestling ALL THE TIME. Good times, good times.

DD said...

I was just wondering what kind of goof would let their kids watch that kind of wrestling. I guess the same kind of goof who would take their child to the Monster Truck Rally...*raising hand*

Kellan said...

How funny!! I think it's so cute that she wrote letters - how sweet! I have lots of friends that love wrestling - not me so much. Take care and nice to see you. Kellan

Mama Drama Jenny, the Bloggess said...

That is freaking awesome.

Also, I used to was Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling when I was a kid and I was OBSESSED with it.

Look at me for this is your future.

Lainey-Paney said...

...I have no idea what/who you are talking about.

OvaGirl said...

Sadly I also have no idea (but i can imagine) but I am very impressed with the early fan mail/stalker potential!

Come on, aren't you tempted to leave a special letter from Rey in the mailbox? Sort of like the Tooth Fairy.

Em said...

I am struggling here to know what your talking about too, wresting not a british sport...