Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Long lost friends

Tina & I go waaayyyy back. To the cradle.


I first spoke to Tina on my 3rd day of Junior high. She was a friend of a friend. While we were talking, she had asked me what my birthday was. June 20th, I replied. "HEY!!She said, That's MY birthday too!" We thought that was neat. Later that day, I went home & was telling my Mom about this new girl I met at school, and how we had the same birthday. Mom asked me what her name was, when I told her, she laughed. She told me that her & Tina's mom were in the same room at the hospital. Tina & I were in the nursery together, our bassinets were right next to each other.

We went all through junior & senior high together. We lost touch after graduation. We both got married very young; hers lasted, mine didn't. She has 4 grown children, I started over at the ripe old age of 38. She lives upstate, not farm country, but very rural.

We recently "found" each other again through Classmates.com. We've been catching up via emails.

I got this in an email from her today.




God's way of saying, "Have a nice day!!"


I just got my 25th High School reunion notice in the mail today.


I hope she's going.

8 comments:

Christy said...

Neat story. I am no longer friends with anyone from High School. Its kind of sad, actually. Anyways, I hope Tina goes to the reunion too!

Katrina said...

Aww I am so glad you found each other again! Makes me miss some old buddies of mine...

Lainey-Paney said...

that's a cute story!

Jenster said...

That's crazy insane! In a really good way. LOL

I found you through Lainey-Paney and see you're in PA, too!

Kellan said...

That is a neat story and such a great picture - I loved it! I hope she will be at the reunion too - for you. See ya.

Em said...

Thats nice, hope shes going too!

Kellan said...

Hey Cat - Thank you for coming over and leaving such a nice Anniversary wish! Have a great weekend and see you soon. Kellan

Jenny said...

This made me smile.