Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

I need to make a few life changes.

I want to quit my job & find something else. Maybe a “middle-shift” job so that I can stay home with the kids during the day & Joe can be with them at night.
This would essentially save us over a thousand dollars a month in daycare costs.


I think that if I were home, the house would be kept neater, the laundry would get finished & put away, meals would be more nutritionally sound, and I would get to watch my kids grow up.

My current employer doesn’t have any shift-work, besides the fact that I really don’t like my boss very much anymore. I used to get along with her just fine. But after having the kids, she doesn’t seem to realize that they will ALWAYS come first in my life. Not work.
Lately she’s been so negative about EVERYTHING.
It’s getting to the point where I dread getting dressed & going to work on Wednesdays & Thursdays.

I don’t think I’d be disciplined enough to work from home. First, we don’t have a room that could be considered an “office”, just the computer desk on the front porch. Second, there would be 2 kids there asking for juice-boxes or Pee-Wee’s Playhouse on Demand every 15 minutes, or a trip to the playground so how much work could I possibly get done?? Third, I have no marketable skills. Sure, I’ve been in the Accounting field for almost 17 years, but I have no degree, just on-the-job-learning.
I can only type about 45 wpm, so I think medical transcription is out. (My sister does this from home & is very, very good at it.) SO… Wide World Webernets, know anyone who’s looking for an undereducated, hard working, quick learning, positive person to fill a position that would allow me to work from say… 3:30 to 11:00 pm?? Well if you do,
let me know.

9 comments:

DD said...

To be honest, I have fantasies about quitting my job and taking up a cashier's shift at Target.

Christy said...

I don't know of any job positions, but I think that its great that are trying to make a change to better yourself and your children. Keep looking - I am sure you'll find something.

Kellan Rhodes said...

I'm sorry you feel you need a change - but I loved the title of this post and now I have that song in my head (thank you very much). Good luck with this - really.

Momish said...

Oh, good luck with finding that perfect position AND boss! I hear you! Good for you that you are really keeping your options open and looking for that perfect fit. Call me optimistic, but I do believe they are out there, those perfect jobs that suit you just at the right time!

Hang in there.

Patriot said...

Just wanted to let you know about a new giveaway I'm hosting this week for some more great, American made products! Come check it out!

Thanks!

Lainey-Paney said...

ER registration at a hospital.
ERs are always open, and so there goes your 2nd or 3rd shift job. I don't know how much they make per hour, but there is an idea.

Or, 2nd or 3rd shift unit secretary. They answer phones, and call lights, and put dr's orders in the computer.

Lots of hospitals use lots of different computer programs, so most new employees all have to learn those computer programs---so you wouldn't be at any type of disadvantage for never having worked in amedical field.

...okay, just an idea.
:)

Oh, The Joys said...

Good luck - whatever you decide!

Em said...

Wow big changes ahead then, good luck with find a job. You sound like me with the if i was at home more.... cleaner house...more organised throught i think! I wanted a change and all agencys could find me a job but always full time!

t_cole said...

i work from home. and pay a full time babysitter still. can't work with kids underfoot.

I have worked from home for the past 9 years. I do financial software support, et al.

What software packages have you used in your accounting experience?
How skilled are you in them - i went to work for the s/w comp - literally. You may not be able to start working at home right away - but likely could after a while.

the application side of financial software is a great place to look for work from home options.
btw, i do not have a degree in IT or accounting - and I DO THIS, make great money and have watched my kiddos grow up.