Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Irish Weekend

You'd never know that my kids were also of German/Lithuanian/English* descent.......
This weekend is Irish-Fest in Wildwood, NJ.

We'll be there. Drinking Harp & Killian's Red, listening to Irish music, spending unreasonable amounts of money (that we REALLY can't afford) on Irish-themed t-shirts, sun-catchers, beads and food. Sounds like fun, no?

I can't really complain, Even though there is not a drop of Irish blood in me** I still LOVE anything Irish-themed. One of my dream destinations is the Emerald Isle and someday we WILL get there.

* Joe says that this is grounds for divorce.....When my Grandmother traced our family tree, she found that somewhere along the line, we are descendants of King William. Of Orange. Yes, THAT Orange.

** As a saving grace, Joe tells me that I am "Irish by Injection" or IBM (Irish-By-Marriage)


4 comments:

Oh, The Joys said...

Don't be forgettin' to do the dance of my people. (Don't move your arms!)

DD said...

Yeah...why don't they move their arms. That's just weird.

Christy said...

My husband and I are both Irish. Your husband would love us.

Anonymous said...

dont worry bout it everyone is irish on irish weekend!!!
my wife and i have been going for about 7 years now.our daughter just turned 2 and i cant wait to dance with her at irish weekend .my wife is having our son in may .just enough time to recuperate for irish weekend..cant wait to buy the little guy some irish gear...