Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Checking In

Hi Everybody!

I got a cyber-boot-to-the-head yesterday regarding my lack of posting. Although I regularly comment & email with my very 1st blogger friend, I didn't realize that I was neglecting to update you guys on whats going on in my life.


Basically my life is BOOORRRRRIINNNNNG right now. I get up, shower, get the kids up & ready for daycare, drop them off, go to work, pick them up, make dinner, do dishes, bath time, bedtime, rinse, and repeat. I've been living vicariously through your blogs....such a lot going on! Pending births, recently announced pregnancies, cycles to track and the everyday stories that I so enjoy.


So, my life huh? Could you really be that interested? I'm almost back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I can squeeze myself into my size 10 jeans, but I'm more comfy in the size 11 stretch jeans. I'm VERY VERY self conscious about how I look. I was always "the thin one" in my family. I'd like to keep it that way. We had a friend over to swim the other night. She is a rather large woman, and when she removed her cover-up, she was wearing a leopard print bikini. After a few minutes Joe sidled up to me and whispered, "See, you could wear a 2 piece." Ummm, no. Some people are more comfortable in their skin than I am. The last time I wore a 2 piece was on our honeymoon 14 years ago. Now, I *would* wear a tankini, if I had the balls to go out & find one. Maybe next year.

I just can't seem to find the time (or energy) to work out. If I decide to go for a walk in the evening, Maggie wants to come along. Not that this is a bad thing, but when I walk, I tend to go fast. Maggie strolls. Even that is too fast. What's slower than stroll?? Meander? She stops at the neighbors to say hello to the ceramic bunny & turtle in the garden. She stops & says hi to the dog 4 doors up. It takes almost a half hour to get to the top of the block.

We are finally getting around to finishing Will's room (yes, he's 1. FINISHING his room). Joe is real good out of the block, but he tends to leave things unfinished. He's a fabulous carpenter, he really is. He just sucks at follow-through. Not one set of bi-fold doors have knobs on them. I went out & bought decorator handles for the closet on the front porch, Maggie's room and Will's room. All are still in the little plastic baggies. I'm sure a few of you are rolling your eyes and thinking, "Why don't you just do it yourself?" Apparently, I am retarded. I tried to install the pull knobs on the kitchen drawers and screwed them up royally. Something about a counter-sink boring drill bit blah blah blah....I was "asked" not to touch his tools (haha sounded dirty didn't it?)


I haven't put curtains in the room since he was still "going to be working in there" and I don't want them to get ruined. I only have a pic of the shelves that Joe built. I'll have to get a few more shots of Will's room since Joe made all the trimwork. Window trim, baseboards, the chair rail & train cabinet are all handmade.






Other than working, housework, and childrearing, I have nothing to talk about.



So here are some recent pics of the kids.





6 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

oooh...pictures of the beach.
I'm jealous...

Happy you got around to finishing the room.
:)
Gage is almost 2, we've switched him from one room to another, so we haven't finished in there.
We were soooooooooo eager to get it started, but have had a difficult time getting motivated to finish....

Paula said...

Cute pics! I totally know what you mean about a boring life....

We are TTC again....am I nuts? Yes!

Oh, The Joys said...

This is exactly what I mean when I say, "Where every day is the same."

I so get it. I can't believe anyone reads my blog. I mean it's the same routine day after day. Exactly the same as yours.

Christy said...

My life is totally boring, but people still like to read about it. I think you don't give yourself enough credit. We want to hear about your mundane life!!!

Christy said...

Also, do you work every week day? Me and another mommy blogger are trying to get together with the kids in Philly. Would you be interested in coming too?

John and I haven't been to the beach in ages. I just don't feel like waddling my big butt in the sand anymore.

DD said...

Joe will get the room finished just in time for Will to demand that he get to paint everything, including the ceiling black to match his new mohawk. Scary thought, no?

Everytime I go to the beach or pool I think I "could" get away with a bikini if I wanted to. But that would mean someone else would be looking at me thinking, "If she can wear one, so can I!" and I just don't want to be that person.

Now keep updating. Life is never boring!