Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

This is *SO* not funny,

That it's actually kind of funny.

We came home from the shore on Monday afternoon so that we had some time to putter around the house, work on the pool, blah, blah, blah. While I was emptying the deck box to see how many new floats, noodles, swimmies, etc we were going to have to buy this year, I found a bright orange package. Not knowing what it was, I asked Joe if he knew. He replied in the negative & said, "Open it up & see."
I opened the packaging and lo & behold it's a Slip & Slide! Maggie got it from her Uncle Matt for her birthday last year. We've never even opened it because Maggie was not one to get her face wet. "Let's set it up & try it out", Joe suggests.

Maggie puts on her bathing suit and walks down the length of the slide....."No, No, No," Joe says, "Mag, you have to run & SSSLIIIDE on it. Watch."

He backs up, takes off running, hits the edge, dives into the slide part & breaks a rib.

He'll be out of work for at least 2 weeks, possibly longer. On one hand, this would be GREAT! He could work around the house, fix the tractor, cut the grass,work on the getting the pool opened, etc etc etc, but I think it's going to be more of him sitting around milking this injury.
I know a broken rib hurts like hell. I do have *some* compassion, even pity for his pain. But dammit, I do everything else around that house! I even take the garbage out & usually it's me dragging the trash cans back to the house. Now I'm even going to have to do the outside stuff! It's going to be a long next few weeks.

14 comments:

DD said...

You're right: that is so (not) funny! The sad thing is that now Mag won't want to try out her slip n slide, which really are quite fun (especially if you put them on a slope).

Tell Joe his age is showing.

Christy said...

Slip and slides are totally awesome. I always wanted one - but I don't want the broken rib. That really stinks.

I know that you must be frustrated. Joe is going to be lounging around, taking it easy - while you are busting your ass.

Maybe you should give that Slip and slide a try too. Just kidding. Someone has to take care of the children and the house and the yard and the cooking and the cleaning and the ...

Kate W. said...

Unbelievable! Poor Joe! Poor You! Was Maggie traumatized? 10 years from now you will laugh about this!

The Queen Mama said...

Well, crap. Sure hope he feels better soon. Broken bones bite.

Lauren said...

Oh.My.Goodness!!!

So (not) funny!!

I feel your pain about doing everything and the funny thing is if it had been you then you would still be doing everything you normally do (at least it would be like that at my house).

PS> We paid half for our roof deposit. I had a long talk with them yesterday so we will see what happens. It may not happen tomorrow depending on the rain forcast but they promise next week. They promise.... ;-)

Stephanie said...

Dude!! What was he thinking??!!

Oh, The Joys said...

So not funny. So sorry!!

Jenny said...

Okay I apologize for laughing because seriously? it's totally the kind of thing that happens to Victor.

But really, it sucks. There's nothing worse than a man with a legitimate (or illegitimate) reason to whine.

Ova Girl said...

Oh dear. I have to admit guiltily that I did laugh.

But it's NOT funny, you're so right...for anyone!

E said...

I've always wanted a slip & slide but maybe I don't want one afterall! That is TOTALLY something that I would do. But knowing me I'd break my back or something. Graceful I am NOT.
I'm so sorry! BUT, good news is Joe will HAVE to make it up to you!

t_cole said...

(involuntary chuckle)
Oh Cat, I am sooooooo sorry.
Men are such babies to begin with - a hangnail is a production with them. I do not envy your predicament.
But look at it this way, DAMN, you got a good story on him for years to come...

Tiffany said...

*laughing* with joe...not at him.

LMAO...oh what am i saying...i am laughing AT him. LOLOLOLOL! that is totally something mike would do!

sorry to hear he'll be out of work. men with nothing to do often get restless and irritating...good luck with that! ;)

Jess said...

Oh my god!

I've never seen a grown person attempt a slip and slide experiment. Let this be a lesson to me.

Lainey-Paney said...

Hey, maybe it makes us horrible spouses....but I think that way too sometime...about when DH gets sick, and then I have to do EVEN MORE!