Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Beach Day

Yesterday was our first day back to the beach this year. How I've missed it.

Joe opened the trailer on April 1st, but I hadn't been down yet. With the temps soaring into the high 70's on Sunday, we got up around 7 am, packed up some stuff & went to the trailer.


Joe stained the deck and fiddled with the fuse-box while I scrubbed the floors and made the bed, unpacked the dishes & other wimmin-folk stuff. Once the deck was stained and all the stuff put away, we decided to go see the ocean. Maggie wanted to say "HI!! We missed you all winter long!"






Maggie greets the ocean with open arms....








She was so happy that she did a little dance in the sand...



Will was good to go. He could hardly wait to get into this new squishy stuff...











But it lost its appeal pretty fast.......







Mag says, "The ocean makes me happy, Mommy."



Will says, "Food makes me happy, Mommy."



Then we packed up the van and drove back home.

So, what did you do this weekend??



















8 comments:

Christy said...

Porgie was a newborn last summer, so we didn't get to go to the beach (we actually went once, but I got all paranoid about Porgie getting a sunburn. Our trip lasted about 20 minutes). We are definitely going this summer. John as already been talking about going down every weekend.

Looking at your pictures makes me want to go to the beach next weekend.

Oh, my weekend was pretty boring. We took Porgie for a few walks and went to the grocery store. Damn, my life is boring.

Lauren said...

That looks like so much fun! We don't really have a good beach anywhere near us. We had a good weekend, though. The weather was beautiful and I got to spend my birthday with family.

The Queen Mama said...

Sounds like a wonderful day.

DD said...

It'll be over two years since X saw the beach...he can't wait. That's the power of its sand and waves.

Oh, The Joys said...

Wow. Nothing that good!

Lauren said...

I swear I read where Veronica Mars was cancelled. So glad I was wrong. Thanks for double checking.

Kate W. said...

Love the picture of Will in his hat! It is so funny that you went to the beach- I was thinking about you all and thought it was about time we would start seeing some beach pictures! So jealous!

Jenny said...

Oh I love those pictures!

I've gotta get Hailey out to the beach.