Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Karma is a bitch

I called in sick to work today. I told my boss that I was up since 4 a.m. with diarrhea. Can't prove that I wasn't right????

In reality, I wanted to get the house cleaned. No kids, no husband underfoot to make a mess as soon as I finished something. Vacuum, dust, do the windows, go through the massive piles of toys, straighten the bedrooms, hang my spiffy new mirrors in the bedroom...you know, spring cleaning type stuff.

I dropped the kids at daycare & went home. Pulled out all the supplies that I would need. I had just put the Prince Greatest Hits Volume II in the player when the phone rang.
It was Miss Amy at daycare. Will had just filled his diaper (again) with diarrhea & had vomited all over himself. I had to go pick him up.

The moral of the story is:

Don't fuck with Karma. She's a bitch & will get you back EVERY time.

7 comments:

DD said...

Whoa. You changed your look (blog), but I noticed no linky-link for me?

What's that again about karma?

Oh, The Joys said...

K can't take a day off to work on the house, period. As soon as he plans one, the kids get sick on that very day.

Dooneybug said...

Aww man, that is the pits! I know every time I make some kind of plans something goes wrong. Hope he's feeling better soon, there's a stomach bug going around!

Lauren said...

That sucks.

Christy said...

That really sucks. I hope little Will is feeling better soon - and that you really don't get sick at 4:00 am. Now that would be Karma kicking your ass.

The Queen Mama said...

Well, at least you got to spend the day cleaning up SOMETHING! Just not what you had planned...

Hope today is better.

Stephanie said...

You had to go and say the "d" word, and it came back to ya.

So Sorry!!