Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Why my Mother-In-Law does NOT suck

One reason that I love my mother-in-law


I know that there are a bunch of not-so-great-mother-in-laws out there.  I don’t have one of those.  My mother in law doesn’t stick her nose in where it doesn’t belong, her baby boy *does* make mistakes and she will call him on them. We get invited to dinner at least twice a month(Mooch-a-meal!!) and she truly loves me.

I have just started taking R.C.I.A. classes through our parish.  Joe is Catholic, Maggie was baptized Catholic, Will is going to be baptized Catholic.  We were married in Joe’s church.  I was raised in the Episcopal church, but never baptized.  I stopped going to church when I was about 12 or 13.  I’ve always been very spiritual, not necessarily religious.  

Last night was my first meeting with Father.  Classes will run through Holy Saturday. On that day, I will make communion, be baptized and be confirmed in the Catholic church.  

My mother-in-law called Joe this morning and they are going out today to buy me my first bible.  

4 comments:

DD said...

She sounds like a very special lady. A loving MIL is as rare and as special as a diamond.

Penny Doll said...

Go girl! I will be baptized sometime in December. I've been sprinkled but never submerged. Will be thinking about you! God bless and love from the Doll

CJ said...

I agree you have a diamond in the rough!! Mine is a nightmare! I'm catholic and my husband is Jewish, so its been a very bumpy ride, but so far so good! My husband calls our kids "cajews"! lol Its ok you can laugh at him, I do! lol And thanks for coming over!

Jenny said...

Congratulations!