Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

This morning I was awakened from my restful slumber by the pitter-patter of little feet.
No. Not Maggie's little feet. This sound was coming from the attic.

SQUIRRELS!!! In the eaves of the roof!! AAACCCKKKK!!!!
Can I tell you how much I LOATHE those rats with furry tails?? If I had a pellet gun, I would be sitting on the deck with my Annie Oakley outfit on, picking the little bastards off one by one.

This from a woman who will scoop up a bug in a paper cup and realease it outside; donates every year to the ASPCA and to The Wildlife Preservation Fund.
When I see a dead squirrel in the street, I laugh and point at it. HAHA! GOOD!
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!! Such is the depths of my hatred for these creatures.

Maggie has taken to yelling, "Go away, you filthy monsters!!" when we see one sitting on top of the garbage can (that they've chewed through the lid AGAIN!!) or sitting on the deck rail.

THis hatred dates back to my 7th year when I was nipped by a baby squirrel I was trying to rescue (it must have fallen from its nest and hurt its back legs...I was just trying to get it back into the tree, so it's Mommy could reach it.) Ingrate bit me on my index finger and I had to undergo Rabies shots. Anyone else ever had to have those frigging shots? Holy smokes! That shit hurts!!

I love nature and most of her furry little woodland creatures. UNTIL THEY CHEW THROUGH THE SOFFITS AND EAT THEIR WAY INTO MY HOME!!!! The home where my child(ren)sleep and play. There WILL be a trip to the hardware store today for poison.

little rats. ::::shudder:::: I.hate.them.

We have had the eaves and soffits repaired 3 times in the 9 years we've lived here.
I have bought more trash cans than anyone should ever have to. Joe even used some old scrap aluminum to re-inforce the edges of the Rubbermaid type lids and they STILL get through. I use those big, black, contractor trash bags for when the garbage goes out for pickup, but they still get in. What to do? What to do??

5 comments:

DD said...

At least Maggie says "filthy" and not the other f-word. That's pretty remarkable.

We won't have new squirrals at the new house - they're not know for the prairie habitat. However, badgers and coyotes are another matter, but at least I don't have to worry about either crawling in the attic eaves.

melissa said...

Awww, squirrels are so cute. OUTSIDE.

Mayberry said...

Ugh... my husband actually printed out a picture of a squirrel from the internet, wrote ENEMY on it, and posted it on the fridge. Our trash cans are safe, but they constantly dig up our lawn.

mothergoosemouse said...

You know, I hardly see any squirrels out here. WAY too many bunnies though. We're starting to worry about an influx of bunny predators. Like the coyotes DD mentioned.

Jenny said...

Could be worse...could be attic rats. (Shudder.)