Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

OH BOY OH BOY!!!!

Yep.  It’s a BOY!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, we are very excited.  Everything looked good at this morning’s ultrasound.  10 fingers, 10 toes, all the required parts.  

There is a slight “concern” on the perinatologists part regarding the space between the ureters and either the bladder (or was it the kidneys, I actually forget what he said.)
He likes to see a gap of 4 cm, William’s are 5 and 7cm.  He’s not too concerned right now, just wants to follow up at 30 weeks. The placenta is also a tad low lying for his tastes, but just marginally.  

We got a lot of pictures and I’ll try to get them scanned once I get home tonight.  

Maggie was sure she was going to get a baby sister.  I hope that he doesn’t disappoint her too much.   At least now Joe & I won’t have to argue over a name.  

12 comments:

DD said...

William sounds perfect. Congrats!

Leggy said...

Congrats- that's very exciting!

The Queen Mama said...

Congratulations! One of each...how perfect.

Boys are lots of fun. You will have a great time. Oh, and they LURVES their mommies!

t_cole said...

oh Cat!
That is just wonderful. i started with two girls - and was just thrilled. then my 'bonus' baby was a boy. i had no idea i needed a boy till i got one. he is my heart and soul.
i am sooooooo happy for you - i REALLY am.
continue taking very good care of yourself. water, rest, good foods!
and give us more updates. i worry when you are quiet...

Penny Doll said...

Cat,
Damn you work fast!!! When I went to Puerto Rico you were "trying". Now we are!!! Great!!! As the mom of 2 boys, hang on to your head and your heart! They are wonderful. Good work. Love to you! PDoll

Mayberry said...

Congratulations Cat! I love the name William. So far, my daughter seems to adore her baby brother--it's so cool to see. I'm sure Maggie will feel the same once the little guy arrives.

melissa said...

Boy!! Hooray Cat, boys are fantastic!! And yes, they do love their mommies!!

elle said...

Oh wow! I keep thinking our monkey is a boy...but we'll have to wait and see. So excited for you - what great fun!

Lala said...

Sweet!! I love my boy! Great news.

Kate W. said...

GREAT NEWS!! How do I get one of those?! Hope you are feeling well! I second t_cole- I don't like it when you are quite! Keep us in the loop!!

E said...

Congratulations!!!!! My sister and I always wanted a baby brother. In fact, we asked for one every Christmas until.. well.. about 5 years ago! Sigh... now I'm jealous that Maggie gets one.
E

Stacy said...

Congrats on your boy! That's exciting and wonderful news. Just watch that fountainhead of pee when changing a diaper- it's a whole different experience than girls.