Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Nervous Nellie

I have an OB appointment tonight.  The DBT’s are circling like turkey buzzards; or for my East coast friends… seagulls flocking around a small boy with a container of Curly’s Fries on the Ocean City boardwalk.    Either way… rats with feathers.

I’m fairly sure things are fine.  Just those damn dreams!!  I know the hormones do this but WOW! I felt like Allison Dubois sitting up straight in bed (like she does at LEAST once an episode) all gasping & sweaty (not in a good way).

What a week we’ve had.  
∙  We ran out of heating oil Friday.  I guess I should check that big black thing in the basement more frequently in the winter.  Thankfully the oil guy was able to make a delivery on Saturday PLUS it was a nice 56 degrees on Saturday, so the fireplace was enough to knock the evening chill and all worked out.  
∙  Then, some extension/flex pipe from the manifold to the cataclysmic (catalytic, I know, I’m just being a smarty-pants) converter broke on my car.  Boy is it LOUD!!  Joe’s off tomorrow so he’s going to take to George Foreman’s place & have them fix it.  
∙  Joe called me this morning to tell me that now his car is running “funny”.  When I asked him to elaborate he tells me that it stalls on him.  Great.  So when the Blue Route is all backed up at the Villanova exit, that’s just Joe trying to get his car re-started.  Beep & wave at him.  He’ll be the real pissed off looking guy in the green Cadillac.

Anyway, I figured since I haven’t posted in 2 weeks I should let you all know that I’m still here.  I’ll let you know how the appt goes tomorrow.

3 comments:

DD said...

Let's hope both of our OB appt's prove to be productive! Obviously yours will be a little more than mine.

Kate W. said...

Cat- good to hear from you! Hope all goes well with your appt. How many weeks are you? Sick cars are THE WORST! I hope for a quick and inexpensive recovery for both. thinking about you and your appointment!

The Queen Mama said...

Good luck with both the appointment and the cars!