Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Nothing Bad Happened

Storybook Land was a hit! Maggie had a great time. She had a meltdown when it came time to sit on Santa’s lap, but she fell in love with Mrs. Claus. She was waving to her as we stood in line, gave her a HUGE hug & kiss, then told her that she looked beeyooteefull! Well. You would've thought that nobody ever told her that. She got all flustered and gave her a big kiss on the cheek & told her what a good little girl she was! I have a picture of Mag, Joe & Mrs. Claus, but I can't seem to upload it to the post.... hmmm. odd.


We didn’t get to do as much as we wanted this trip as it was only about 30 degrees Saturday night and we were freezing! We rode the train around the park, She rode the Santa’s Sleigh ride & the carousel before we couldn’t feel our toes anymore.
It’s a shame because the place looked fantastic. I’ve never seen so many lights in one place. While we were on the train, I kept looking for extension cords or power supply stations…..didn’t find 1. Amazing. Joe almost had a stroke trying to get the rope lights around the windows Saturday afternoon. I wanted to tease him about it while we were there, but that would have been a long walk home for me.


Afterwards, we stopped at Lonestar steakhouse for dinner & she ate half of my dinner (turns out that my daughter likes her prime rib medium rare but closer to rare too!),
All of her steamed broccoli/cauliflower/carrots much to the amazement of the waiter.

All in all, a good time together.

Today it’s supposed to snow 3 -6 inches. Maggie is sooo excited. I hope it doesn’t start too late, I want her to be able to put on her boots & go outside to play in it before bath/bedtime.

2 comments:

E said...

Congratulations! I never once went to get my picture taken with Santa. Last year I actually complained to my Mom and she offered to take me, at 31. I declined but the offer was nice!
I'm with Maggie, I can't wait for the snow! I'm sure it will start right at rush hour to really screw things up.

melissa said...

Congrats on a Santa outing well done! We could never do it, since ours have this odd love-hate screaming thing with dressed up people. They're all, "Hey! It's Santa! Yay!" from afar. But up close, they scream, "Oh my god! Who is that! NOoooooo!" The same went for Barney, mascots, Looney Tune characters, and those dressed up for Halloween.