Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

A little Scared

Sorry I haven’t posted in over a week.  I’m sure that all my faithful readers (Thank you, all 3 of you!!) were worried SICK!  My mother would be absolutely SURE that I was “dead in a ditch” somewhere.  Why, as kids, were we always dead in a ditch???  She never said “abducted by aliens or kidnapped by gypsies”  
I’ll have to ask her about that later.

Well, yes.  My latest bloodwork results are in.
Progesterone is 11.9 & hCg was 10514.  I’m not a doctor in real life, but I used to watch General Hospital back in high school,  so of course I know what I’m talking about!
The hCg # looks real good to me.  I’m a little….umm….concerned about the decrease in the Progesterone as Dr. Google tells me that progesterone is required to SUSTAIN a pregnancy.  I read that the P levels will decrease when the placenta starts making progesterone on its own, but I think it’s a bit early for that.

I’ll be sure to post tomorrow with the results of the ultrasound.  Unless I’m curled up in the fetal position in my bed with a box of tissues.  
No, I kid.  I’m actually starting to feel like this might be a true, bona fide, actual pregnancy.  I’m starting to feel a touch “yukky” if I don’t eat something every couple hours… the boob tenderness still comes and goes, but I’m even waking up in the middle of the night to pee.  I NEVER wake up in the middle of the night.  My head hits the pillow at 11- ish & I sleep until the alarm goes off in the morning.

I go for the ultrasound tonight at 5:45.  Please hold a good thought for me.

6 comments:

Janer said...

congrats!! i'm a faithful reader of yours, so you have at least 4 of us breathing a little easier now. i just don't take the time to comment, most of the time.

Catizhere said...

Welcome Janer!

Thanks for reading.

Cat

E said...

Congrats on feeling yukky! That's great news! I'll think happy baby thoughts all evening and please post agan tomorrow morning with the news!

DD said...

hi ho, hi ho, it's off to an ultrasound you go! hi ho, hi ho, hi ho, hi ho, ad nauseum... :-D

I'll be wringing my hands in anticipation...

And you are so right: "Dead in a ditch"! That's what my Mom said to me all the time, too!

Kate W. said...

Best of luck at the ultrasound! Let the 5 of us know ASAP!:)

K&M said...

Crossing fingers and toes for ya!