Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Breathing Again

WHEW!!!!

Went for the ultrasound last night.  Nothing like having a very nervous woman with a full bladder in your waiting for 20 minutes.

The technician had the screen turned so I couldn’t see anything and was making little frown-y faces, so of course I was getting more and more nervous with each swipe of the transducer.  While making small talk, she asked if I had any children, to which I replied, “Yes, I have two.  How’s this one doing?”  When she said, “Well, there’s a heartbeat” I swear, I must have been holding my breath. I let out the biggest sigh of relief.  
After she let me empty my bladder for the wand exam and she showed me the heartbeat.  
Beating a little slow at 114 but she said that it was really early & she’s seen rates as low as 107 this early.  I am 6wks 4 days as of today.  

I have to call Dr. K. this afternoon to hear the results and I am going to ask her about the progesterone levels.  Maybe she’ll want to prescribe a supplement or maybe not.  I’ll let you all know.  

Thank you. Thank you, all of you, for keeping me in your thoughts.  Please know that I do the same for you.  

2 comments:

E said...

Congratulations!! What wonderful news to start my weekend with!

DD said...

Oh good! I was holding my breath, too! And of course, you are BOTH in my thoughts.