Welcome to my world. I *just* vacuumed... Wipe your feet before you come in.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Pregnant Dreams???

So exactly how much stock *can* I put into the dream of my pg co-worker?  
J. stopped by my office as she does every morning to say:

J:  Hi, Happy Monday!! (She knows that I love Mondays… the day flies since I’m x-tra busy on Mondays)

C:  Hey there, chick-a-dee… How was your weekend??

J:  OOOH!!  I had a dream about you last night!

C:  Oh.  Well, I’m flattered; but I don’t swing that way…. Well, just that 1 time in college, but we we’re REALLY drunk and it never got any further than… Oh, wait.  You don’t mean it that way, huh???

J:  I dreamed that you were….::::And moves her hand in a large outward half-circle over her cute little bulging belly::: You know…

C:  Oh.   Yeah, well.  I’m not feeling any symptoms…..

J:  Maybe it was just one of those “wish-dreams”  

We *did* try to make-a-baby during the fertile time last month, but I’m not feeling too good about it.  I think there was some “performance anxiety” on both parts… Maybe next month I won’t tell Joe that it’s the “Right Time”.  And, I know, I know… Just relax.

Just for fun something to kill time, I went to that Chinese Gender Predictor website… and for the next 2 months, If we conceive, It’ll be a boy!  Now don’t get me wrong…. I LOVE MY DAUGHTER.  But man oh man… does she have my most annoying traits.  

She is stubborn, opinionated & moody.  Lately she will cry at the drop of a hat, refuses to eat anything except peanut butter & jelly sandwiches or noodles.  We fight EVERY morning.  I know that she’s just trying to assert her independence, but gawd daymit I don’t have TIME in the mornings to let her dress herself!   Maybe I’ll stop by Wal-Mart & buy a bunch of sweatsuits for her….no snaps or zippers, it usually doesn’t matter if they’re on backwards or not…..I don’t remember having these arguments with Dan.  

My mom (who has 8 children!!  6 boys, 2 girls) always said that she would take all 8 boys since boys will at least play together.  If you get more than 1 girl in a room, they tend to fight & argue & be petty…thanks Mom, love you too.  

1 comment:

DD said...

"Snappy Pants".

That's what Max calls any pants that are NOT elastic waist. He only has to wear them for special occasions or when I have failed to get the laundry done.

Speaking for the raising-a-boy perspective: it's proven interesting as I come from a family of 5 girls and 1 boy and he was 16 years older than me. I'm winging it.